Thursday, January 21, 2010

I've failed you again blog...

However you did get a face lift yesterday!! :) this is my apology gift!! hehe! I've been taking a break from all things electronic and just chillin... a vacation from electronics if you will! And I never got around to those Christmas pictures I promised... our Christmas wasn't the best this year so i'm done with it! Sorry!

I've found this UBER kewl girl that's my new hero... Ana at Knock off Wood. She is girl power all the way!! She builds furniture and all by herself no hubby needed! :) She's started this blog to share free building plans with all of us for knock off's of popular stores such as Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Land of Nod and more! For us I could not have found her at a better time... you see we've (ok I've been) drooling over this console table at PB for months and months



but if you click on the picture you will see good ole' pottery barn wants $499.99 for this little lovely! Well that's just not gonna happen I mean come on PB... it's just a little ole' console table! D and I had already decided we could build is and where gonna wing it when I found Ana!! Can you hear the angels singing and see the light? Ok well I did when I found her web site! You see she had plans for the coffee table in this very same collection with promise to post the console table plans soon!! So I waited and not to long after that promise up went the plans for my beloved table! So One weekend D and I headed to Lowe's to get the lumber and supplies needed!

the supplies


We're off to start the building process! This being thine first piece of furniture either of us had built we where slow! and of course I had to document it all... here are some picture from during the process!

D getting to play with his toy he bought himself with his Christmas gift cards!




Aren't I stylin'?!?!?!?! Ok people we chose to do this during the freaky weird freezing cold weather we had... we were excited about our project ok and couldn't wait for the warmer weather!


The stain is still drying so you will have to wait for the finished product but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO happy with the final product!! It's far from perfect but we learned alot and had a good time doing it together! And for the rest of our life we will have this nice piece of furniture! Every time we look at it in our home I know we will both feel proud and think we made that!!!

And we will for sure be doing some more building!! IT was so much fun and so cool that we can make our own furniture! And Ana points out that even the PB $499 table uses plywood where they can and just uses real wood on the finished side of the product. So we have something that looks just like their's but is real wood all the way through!

2 Let me hear from ya:

Chalna 8:07 PM  

MELISSA!!!! That is SO COOL!!!!! I am DYING to see the finished product!! I am going to check out her site...Jer and I could really get onboard with this. There is so much we need and I know that we could do it ourselves with the right plans! HOW AWESOME! :-)

Diana 1:16 PM  

Way to go M! I am really inspired now. I am sure your finished product looks just as good as PB.

Photobucket
Photobucket

What I've had to say before!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP