Warning... lot of RANDOMness inside!
And I'm bored at work today with no boss so guess what another post!!!
So I got a sewing matching for Christmas! Daniel broke the rules.... we weren't suppose to get each other anything but he did and I was sitting there Christmas morning feeling all stupid! So I really wanted one b/c I have ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to sew on my scrapbook pages ( yea the ones I hardly make anymore). But then I've also always wanted to learn how to quilt... so a few days after Christmas I decide to give it a whril! I decided to start with a simple beginner type quilt called a rag quilt. You simply sew the squares together with all the seams up on one side, then you snip the seams all up to "rag" them... hence the name! So it's not perfect and not all the squares match up BUT I couldn't be more proud! Every time I cover up with it I'm all like... "ahhhh I made this!" Here's a pic just please ignore the double chin! 
I picked colors that would match our living room when ever we get it painted! I drape it over the edge of the couch so every time I walk by I'm all proud! :)Silly I know!
Here's a few pics of the day we got the key's to the house!
the present from the sales lady!
Our first guest!
Well work day is ALMOST over so I'm gonna leave ya! But maybe more tomorrow! PEACE!




3 Let me hear from ya:
2 DAYS IN A ROW! YOU SPOIL ME!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE 23RD :)
Your quilt is awesome! I've been trying to get a sewing machine for like 2 years now and it hasn't happened yet. Keep posting pics of stuff you make to inspire me!
Good for you! I have always wanted to learn to quilt. Congrats on the new house, I am sure you have carved out a SB space already.
Post a Comment