Weekend Rap-UP Melibelle style
So here is what’s been going on… first if you have myspace or have talked to me you know of my dentist woe’s!
First let me set the stage I HATE HATE HATE the dentist like to the point of almost having panic attacks just thinking about going. So long story I ate a mike and ike and broke off part of my back tooth. So to the dentist I go… trying to be a big girl and go before I’m in killer pain. So she says oh you just need a crown! I’m thinking ok cool that’s not so bad, at least it’s not a root canal. I go sitting in the chair all gassed up on top of the Xanax I’d taken before getting there and Dr. Z says (in the sweetest voice) I’m so sorry honey but we are gonna have to do a root canal. I’m all loopy so I’m like sure I’m here… so then I’m remember oh yea I have funny teeth so I manage to spout off… “ I should tell you that I have 4 roots in some of my teeth instead of 2 like most.” She just looks at me like Really! The start of the bad things to come!!!!!!!!! So she’s in and she’s all yep your right you have 4… I’m thinking yep that’s what I said, but whatever I’m all happy and gassed up! So then she’s digging and I hear her say I can’t get to the bottom of the root, do we have longer things. About 45 min later and 3 “WOW’s” later she gives up cause I inform her the numbing is wearing off. So she says I’m sorry sweetie I’m gonna have to refer you to a “specialist” who has to tools to deal with your smaller, yet MASIVLY LONG roots ( I think she said 4 times while I was there I should have been 7ft tall) and my journey begins.
So that was all Thursday… So Friday morning I call the “specialist” to set up an appt… thinking oh I got at least a week or two until there available… OH NO all cheerfully the girl informs me they can fit me in today!!!! YIKES!!!!! So panic starts right there at work :( So I manage to muster up the courage and go that afternoon and after waiting almost 2 hours from my appt time's she's in and out pretty quick. but her gas was no where near as good as Dr. Z's. But even she was amazed at how long my roots were! Seriously people I'm weird ok... I've long ago accepted this! But hearing it over and over 4 two days doesn't do a girl good :( Only good thing to come out of the whole deal was Vicodin!
moving to Sat morning... I woke up at 3am hurting so i took another lovely Vicodin. Then at 8 when my alarm goes off cause I have a hair appt in Tyler at 11, Daniel decide it's probably not the best idea for me to drive so Gabriel, Daniel, and myself load up and head to T town! I manage to make it through hair lunch (where I ate potatoes for the millionth time it seemed like!) and then a visit with my Dad and Pam... all with no drugs. But then after all the talking and eating the pain starts returning while I was at their casa so I had to cut the visit short :( Drove back to Dallas!
Sunday... Gabriel has an obsession with cars. The kid LOVES cars of all types.. he can't remember peoples names but he can name almost every car driving down the street. So he saw a commercial for the Ft. Worth Auto show and it became his mission in life to go! So We all 4 made a day out of it Sunday. Even got to go to the Water Garden's next door for a little mini photo session! He had SO SO SO much fun! He told us twice on the way home how much fun he had... then called today to say it again and ask if I would print him some of the pics! Love him when he's happy! I mean I love him all the time but when he's happy he's the sweetest kid ever! For Example... when he called D today he asked how my tooth was! So Sweet! That right there made it worth it that I went partially still in pain! :) So rather than have the longest post in the free world of pics I made two slids shows for you to enjoy!
Auto show
Water Gardens
So that brings me to today. I'm feeling much better... tooth is still tender and I am still eating VERY slow. But i did try a Daniel burger tonight which was the first meat I've eaten in 5 days. while it tasted DElicious going down I'm afraid it's not settling with my tummy since i've had no red meant for some time :( But whatever that's the price u pay! :) I was even feeling so good today that I didn't take a nap when I got home!!!!!!! and are you sitting down... i DUSTED the house and put up a few Easter decorations! Crazy I know! :)
Happy St. patty's day everyone! :)








5 Let me hear from ya:
agh! i hate the dds too! glad it's over with now though!!
DAMN!! I am SO SORRY about the dentist! THAT SUCKS!! I need a root canal myself, but I have been putting it off to avoid paying the freaking bill! Even after insurance, we pay like $700! UGH! I have to do it soon, though. YUCK!!
HUGS TO MY MELISSA!
so sorry to hear about your tooth but glad to know you're feeling better. looks like you guys had a good time at the auto show.
So sorry about your trip to the dds, but it looks like the weekend was still a great success!! Hugs!
Hey! I tagged you to do a "meme"...go to my blog and read!
Post a Comment