Happy Humppy day!
Wat up peeps? Well it’s hump day! How was your Wednesday? Leave me a comment and tell me!
I’ve found a new favorite singer… first I should explain I’ve been on a country kick… why you ask, no clue! But I’ve been watching GAC a lot when I’m just fart around the house. Well the night of fall weather last week I actually sat down to watch a show on GAC called Origins… it’s a entire hour on one artist, their beginning etc. So the one I watched was on Miranda Lambert and if you don’t know she’s from Lindale ( smallish town outside of Tyler, my home town). This isn’t anything new to me cause there is a HUGE billboard as you drive into Tyler on 20 that says home to Miranda Lambert. However I’ve really never listened to her music. So I did of course during this show! I love her, she’s so someone I would have hung out with! Also in watching this show I became UBER home sick. I mean BAD! For a few reasons it was the night we had the windows open and it felt like fall which is my most fav time at home cause the trees are turning and it’s so pretty! And it just really put me in a funk… sorry Daniel! Then Thur mom called me to tell me Matt and Jess got a offer on their house so they will be moving to Tyler in the next month or two. Then Sat I went and spent the day with Melanie and then had girls night where we looked at 2 boxes of old pictures… not helping myself! So last night we went to Kennedy’s first football game to cheer at which ALSO reminds me of growing up. D and I started talking about when we could move to Tyler etc. Cause this has been a condition since before we got married that we would one day move to my home. So he said 4 years from now… and I made him say it on video so I have proof! If I can get the video on you tube I’ll share on here.
Crazy how much I wanted out of Tyler SO bad then BAM now I’m desperate to get back there. I have realized in the last week how much I really do miss home and when I refer to home I’m ALWAYS referring to Tyler. I think I really don’t allow myself to root myself here b/c of it. In the mean time I think I’m going to try to spend a bit more time there to ease the homesick feeling.
In other news, a really good friend got let go from my office Monday morning. It has really shaken me up about this whole job situation. Then the next day a husband of a lady I work closely with got laid off too. I posted a while back about how unhappy I was with my current job. Well this week has made me recognize something else I hate about my current position… relying on someone else for my livelihood. So this has launched thoughts of my photography and how I need to really take the next step to get my name out there. I’ve been afraid before, I’m still afraid, but at this moment in time my hate for the path my life is taking is much greater than my fear. With every shot I do my confidence is growing, which had always been my greatest weakness. So in the coming weeks/months I’m sure you will hear more about this.
That’s all I have to say about that right now.




2 Let me hear from ya:
It sounds really good! I'm glad you got it on tape that ya'll are moving in home in 4 yrs!!! I will definitely help you hold him to that!! I will also do anything and everything in my power to help you become a professional potographer!!! U JUST SAY THE WORD AND I;M THERE!!!! Love you! Jeni
I know exactly how you feel! It amazes me how much I miss Tyler and how I spent all of my teenage years dreaming of leaving and now that I am an adult, I wish I could go back!
I also think of "home" as Tyler and I seriously doubt that will ever change for me. My parents house phone is labeled "home" in my cell phone and it has crossed my mind before that I should change that, but I never do. Jer's job requires that we live near a big city airport, so the option to go back is taken away for me. I don't dwell on it, but I think it has helped continue to make Tyler a dreamy place for me. I keep it on a pedestal in my mind and think of it as this wonderful place that I can't live in, but at least can visit. Boy, we sure have changed, huh?! :-)
You know how you keep telling me to write? Well, you MUST take pictures. It is your gift and it just comes from somewhere inside you. You did not have to learn the art of it, you just KNOW. Find your confidence and start going for it because you are amazing and I know that it is your calling. Seriously, Melissa...your photography is worth more than you realize!!
Post a Comment