been sick/the latest plant updates/my cute puppies
I've been sick all week! Finally broke down and went to the doc today cause I have a wedding to shoot Sat and couldn't be contagious! Dang the doc is expensive without insurance... only good news was the whole $4 prescriptions at Wally world is true! So I was able to get my drugs for $4!! I haven't been able to sleep since I've been sick.... which is why I'm posting to my blog right now!
So here's what's been going on with us... we went to Tyler last weekend for Mother's Day. Normally we go to the Race for the Cure on Sat VERY EARLY in the AM. But this year I had a hair appt at 9:00 am so I wouldn't be able to stay long and they changed it up so that the walk was after the 5K run. That meant the walk wouldn't be until after 9:00 am so we didn't go. We then helped Mom and Don get new phones and then it was off to lunch with Nanny. We then went to visit Pam at home... she had surgery so she can't get out of the house for a while :( Then it was off to Mom & Don's house to help them keep the girls Sat night. It was tiring but fun! Gwen was sick so she was a little clingy and choose to cling to me! Which was a ok by me... even if I got sick after! Look at that sweet face... who could refuse it? Really! 
Sunday morning Elle decided to play super hero with a cape they gave at the Race the day before... 
She also refused to get dressed!!! :) 
Daniel made breakfast for mom...
In plant news around the Espindola house... We have a FREAK hibiscus bush! Ok so we planted our yellow(this will be important later) hibiscus to early... and it froze twice after we planted it. It stopped blooming after that, so I was prepared to pull it up and take it back to Lowe's. Then All the sudden after the CRAZY rain (which apparently acts as nature's own miracle grow) it started blooming. SO I was like great! Then I notice the bloom looks pink... I'm all no just must be the light or something. Nope it's bloomed SEVERAL times now and there all PINK!! I even ask at a nursery and they were like YEA never heard of that. So we have a freak hibiscus bush!
So Here's the pre-freeze picture
and one of the pink blooms...
crazy huh!! i swear it's the same plant! Got a rosemary tree for a steal at Calloway's one day with Shannon! It smells soooo good & at Christmas time it's like a little mini Chirstmas tree! 
A close up of the pretty pot the plant
Remember this plant from last year? 
SO we got the above last year... 2 of them. They sit on either side of our front door, well we were out of town last fall/winter and didn't now it was gonna freeze and it did. We thought we lost them both but one was WAY worse than the other. Daniel decides to cut the bad one all the way back to the bulb just to see. Well the one above is the one that wasn't quite as bad and below is the one he cut all the way back! 
I was SO happy cause I REALLY REALLY like these plants! :)
Also got some cute daisy's this year, and I put them in a pot in the flower-bed! so cute! 

THE BEST PLANT NEWS OF ALL... my magnolia bloomed! CAn you tell I'm happy? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting on for these blooms! Oh there's SO SO SO pretty in person and I WISH I could somehow let you smell them through the computer! Oh I'm so happy we got one!!! I vow now to all you blog readers whatever houses I live in from here on out I will have a magnolia tree!! So here is the life cycle of my magnolia blooms!
It took FOREVER for these blooms to get this big, and they got bigger before they opened... prolly like 2 or 3 months
then the fuzzy part falls off
Then it about a day after the fuzzy falls off it opens! Ahhhh it smells SO SO SO good at this stage! It's just heaven really! I seriously wish I could bottle it up! 
Then the next day... it OPENS. Now I'm not sure how long these blooms will stay cause it just opened on Wed but we have 4 blooms total so I'm at least guaranteed a few weeks of this loveliness! 
And here's some more pics cause I'm just so in love with these beauties!!! And the sun was GREAT the afternoon I took these! I think I may hang these as a series in my house somewhere... then I can always have them! :)

The same afternoon I took all the magnolia pics I also took pics of the puppies! I haven't done this in a while! But Olivia was perched on the couch and the sun was coming in the window so awesome like so I had to! These were all done with my point & shoot... with good light you can take a great pic with ANY camera!

And one of grumpy gus Sophie!! 
In other Animal news I got a good pic of one of the who knows how many bunnies that roam our neighborhood and at the moment are eating my monkey grass! But they are cute when they run off with there white tails! Anyway one night walked out the front door and this little guy was in our front yard! 
Can u see him in between the house? 
Ok well that's about all the pics I've been holding onto! Well Except I have been UBER busy with photography lately! And it's continuing through this month at least! I have a wedding this weekend and next! Plus I have so cute pics I need to sharde soon but I think this post was long enough so I'll save those for another day!! Hope you guys enjoyed it all! SOrry it's been so long!




4 Let me hear from ya:
I never knew you were a plant/flower buff. The magnolias are beautiful!! I'm glad the photography biz is keeping you busy! maybe you won't have to go back to work after all!
I never knew I liked flowers so much!! I've REALLY enjoyed this about having a house!! :) I told Jeni that we were getting old when we were excited about flowers blooming! :)
I have always loved magnolia blooms. Plants are one of the best parts of having a house.
i started a blog follow me
Post a Comment