haS it rEally been 5 yeaRs???
Has it really been 5 years since 9/11??? Daniel and I watched The Path to 9/11 tonight. We didn't see it from the beginning... but man did it take you right back to that day. I said while we where watching it that I can still remember is like it was yesterday. Which was followed by the realization that saying those words brought me that much closer to being old. You see I can't count how many times I've heard my parents say those very words about something significant in history. Anyway BACK ON TRACK... All the emotions and thought came racing back to my mind just like Sept. 11, 2001. Crazy to think it could happen again...
So on to happier news... we have the link for the web cast of the wedding
ADDED INFO:
Date: Sept. 02, 2006
Time: 4:00 pm Central
Where: comfort of your chair!!!
http://negrilweddings.com/espindola/
You have to have windows media player to watch, the site will be up for two weeks after the live show!
Speaking of wedding stuff, we are getting ready for Jamaica like this:
I have so stinkin' much stuff to do and really have no business "getting ready" for Jamaica... but hey we gotta condition our tummies for Jamaican Rum right???
For real here is some other things we have done to get ready.
I got the cutest straw cowboy hat
And I got some new makeup for the wedding... they do makeup there but being white as a ghost I was afraid they wouldn't have any makeup white enough for poor me! So I figured better to be safe than sorry! Oh and Melanie... I got some shimmery stuff to wear!!! I'm pretty sure I remember you making fun of me for the shimmery teenage stuff!!! Love ya!! :):)
Listen to what my wonderful mother and grandmother did for me...
They got my mom's wedding dress and a handkerchief from WW1. They cut our a lacy part of her veil and sewed it to the handkerchief to make me a hanky to carry. Then they made a garter all out of her dress and veil. Then if you know my mom you know a sappy poem came with it (I'm so my mom's daughter) that made me cry. And I never ever cry at stuff like that! Anyway thought I'd share the poem with you all...
For My Precious Daughter
Long ago when you where small
A baby just brand new,
I'd think about your life ahead
And paths you might purse.
I thought I would protect you
From all the world held dear,
But you had other things in mind,
This was very clear.
For you had roads to travel
That I had not explored
You had doors to open
I'd never seen before.
The future brings your wedding day
And as you walk on the beach to be married
I'll see you... my little girl...and smile a special smile.
A smile that holds the memory of a baby just brand new,
And thoughts of paths you'll travel now to make
Your dreams come true.
Now is the time that two become one,
A kiss from your groom starts all the fun!
On his lips you have left the mark of your kiss,
Wipe with this hanky the kiss from his lips.
The hanky you've carried so close in your hand
Has its special purpose you'll now understand.
Later in life as you reminisce,
You'll think of your wedding and
"That Special Kiss"...
Then find this 'special' lace hanky, many years tucked away,
Holding the kiss from your wedding day!
Seriously folks!! I teared up typing it!!!
The hanky(up close)...
The garter...
The entire gift...
So on to other stuff do you like my blog changes??? I finally gave in and joined stupid MySpace which inspired me to change my blog up some too...THANKS MEL!!!
And now time for the random picture portion of our show...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~cool sky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ELLE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ELLE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Me and my hubby to be... in 9 days!!!!
A silly girl and a silly daddy!!!
Poor Sophie trying to sleep and the stupid mommy won't stop taking stupid pictures!!!
Highschool friends are the best!!!! **sorry if this pic offends anyone** (but we had tOnZ of fun)
L to R Melanie, Me, Chalna
more pics from this night to come at a later date!!!
Right about now I'm wondering... how long can this post go on??? And I have some more stuff to get done before I can climb into my great, comfy, bed right behind me!!
So that's all I got for now!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PeaCe~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




8 Let me hear from ya:
And you make me tear up here at work! I am really glad that you seriously liked the handkerchief and garter! A lot of love and thought put into all of that! I'm really getting excited for the big day! Love you, Mom
9 days! OMG! I'm so glad the link will be up afterwards since I have to work during the "live" show! Love you!
You made me cry! That shouldn't really surprise you - I'm a crier by nature, plus I have all the extra baby hormones, but still - that was SO awesome! By the way - what time is the "live" show?
I got the countdown clock from one of misty's friends on myspace, i'm not sure how hot she is though??? LOL!
Great big, fabulous kudos to your mom for making those special wedding day gifts. Beautiful works of art.
Carol,
You never suprise me. While Sharon was griping about something because she was not in control, you were making beautiful things!!
Love it!
Melanie-thanks for your kind words! Carol
The rum and coke sure does look tasty. Lick, Lick!!
Post a Comment