been MIA... tough times
Been having one of those times where I wonder really what I'm doing etc... the whole what's my life worth, what am I doing struggle. I'm feeling much more myself today and thought I'd give you a quick update! I've been quilting in my little pity party and found it pretty soothing to my soul while I was going through this! Anyhoo... I went on a fabric buying kick a WHILE ago and all that pretty fabric has just been sitting :( so sad so i finally got off my duff and started working on one of the quilts. I adore it and the best part it's all for ME! :) I'm usually making stuff for everyone else so this time I decided it was my turn! :) Here are a few pics from my phone of it in progress! Hope everyone is having a happy Wednesday!
This is the quilt top about 2/3's way through
And here's a close up of the actual quilting that I'm VERY proud of! It's the first time I've done "free motion" quilting on a quilt! I've admired the look for a long time now but been scared! I took a class, it wasn't as hard as it seemed, but I was still afraid to try it! Finally I just went for broke and I'm in love! Let me tell you it's ALOT of work and takes WAY longer than straight lines. When I'm finally done quilting and get to wash it and see it all puckered up and comfy I'll be SO glad I took the time to do this!!! :) 




7 Let me hear from ya:
Sorry you were feeling down. love the quilt though. it's so pretty!
Angel... I still can't get to your blog! Please help me!! I miss reading your blog!
You do all of the stitching by hand?
HAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO Diana... heck no!! Machine all the way! :) There's no way! I don't know how those women hand quilt, I'd go crazy!
They had lots of time, sister! The quilt looks great. Maybe some day I can head up there and you can teach me how to do it. My Grandma used to make quilts and enter them into the county fair contests. By the time I was old enough to learn, she had had a stroke.
it's not super hard... I'd love to have someone to share with! It's strangely relaxing. And I love that hopefully one day will treasure my quilts the way I treasure the ones from my family!
wonderful job!!
Post a Comment